Freestyle sketches (New Art!)



Freestyle Sketches

Welcome to my first post in months! I've been quite busy since the start of the year, but I'll be posting regularly from now on. Thankfully, I did have some time to continue sketching and making new art work, so here are some of the more decent freestyle sketches I've been working on recently, hope you enjoy!

1. Fox ~ my most recent colour pencil sketch, a fox sitting on a large, moss grown rock as it gazes out into the distance... this took me a couple of days to get it just how I wanted it!


2. Depicting emotions through eyes ~ I was recently interested in anatomy sketching, and I thought I'd start off by sketching eyes because they're the first things I notice when I meet someone new.  This first image shows eyes from 2 different personalities, the one on the top depicts anger and frustration, while the pair below it shows sincerity and respect.




In the second image, I've drawn an eye with a glint near the pupil, to show wonder and amazement.


3. Preserved brain ~ My next sketch was a no-brainer... pun not intended. Not long ago, I'd read up quite a bit about how our brains function and I was really fascinated with how they worked and looked. I didn't try to perfect what I drew, instead I did this sketch in one go, without rubbing out anything. I just went with whatever came into my mind at the time and I think this is one of my most creative freestyle sketches!



Here's just an extra (photo dump from my sketchbook)... I thought I'd include this just to show my initial struggles with getting the eyes right.



I will be putting up another post with my other recent freestyle sketches and effects I was able to create using filters, so make sure to go check that out if you liked this post! I'd also really appreciate if I could get some honest feedback, opinions or post suggestions down in the comments, I always make sure to read and reply to all of them! 

~ Mridini ♡

Comments

Check out these popular posts!