Freestyle Sketches II

 

Freestyle Sketches

This is Part II of my Freestyle Sketches post and these are 2 more of my recent sketches from my sketchbook.


1. Fusion Rose ~ The idea of fusion sketches is a relatively new interest of mine, and I chose a blue-green-purple theme for this one. You may remember my rainbow rose sketch from one of my earlier posts, and this one is quite similar to that one. I wanted this rose to be different from the one I drew before, so I decided to test out different filters on my phone, experiment with fine liners and different shadow effects and light positioning. The first image is the original rose I made before making changes, and I took this picture around the evening, just before sunset.





This is the same image from above, but I took the picture in a well lit room with a black-and-white filter.




For this next image I used a black colour pencil to add the shadow effects, and I did some of the petals dark around the edges while the rest have shadows towards the inside of the rose. I thought the contrasting shadows would show how light falls from various different angles on the flower to create a unique lighting pattern. I added a "dramatic warm" filter to this one.





This last image is the final and original sketch, without any filters added.





2. Multi-element coalescence ~ My next sketch is 2 dimensional and is somewhat of a coalescence of multiple aspects of nature and life, to represent the Earth as it is today:

~ the arrow through the center of the Earth and the labels, 'N' and 'S' represent way-finding and the Earths' magnetic field
~ lavender represents the soil
 the multi-petalled flowers represent modern gene modification technology and the idea that Humans have altered evolution patterns, bringing us to the modern day
~ a bubble, representing our little "bubble of existence"
~ a snake and orca representing terrestrial and aquatic life and finally,
~ an eye, representing a vision for the future.



Do let me know in the comments, what other art work or posts you'd like to see! I'd also appreciate any honest feedback or opinions; I always make sure to read and reply to any comments.

~ Mridini 

Comments

Check out these popular posts!